CBA are looking for MRICS qualified Senior Quantity Surveyors/Associate Directors for both our Edinburgh and Glasgow offices.
The candidates will be involved with and be responsible for the delivery of exciting commercial projects for our extensive and broad Client base.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will provide advice, report on and control all commercial and financial aspects of projects and contracts.
Working closely with your colleagues, you will be responsible for the smooth running of designated projects.
Additional duties included at Associate Director level, among others, will include management of staff and project resource allocation, client liaison and technical competence duties such as quality control and reviewing documentation to ensure our high standards are maintained at all times.
To carry out the role, the successful applicant will require to perform at least the following:
- prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and / or the client;
- undertake cost analysis / cost plans;
- assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- perform risk, value management and cost control;
- advise on procurement strategy;
- identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- prepare and analyse costings / tenders;
- provide advice on contractual claims;
- analyse outcomes and write detailed financial statements and progress reports;
- value completed work and arrange payments;
- agree Final Accounts;
- maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
The successful applicant will:
- be MRICS qualified
- have a practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking;
- have a creative and innovative approach to problem solving;
- have strong numeracy and financial management skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages;
- have the ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people;
- have negotiation and team work skills;
- have detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, etc.;
- have the ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages;
- have good relationship building skills;
- be self-motivated and proactive;
- have commercial awareness and understanding of the Construction process;
- have excellent communication skills, both oral & written;
- have negotiation skills and ability to apply those skills internally and externally;
- show a positive attitude at all times and the ability to integrate and play active part in Design Teams;
- have good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines;
- be efficient and well organised
- be keen to pursue personal development needs and maintain up-to-date knowledge
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.